Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Hard Day's Night

For the first time in about a month, Brayden slept all night last night! He didn’t wake up once and he slept from 8 pm to 4 am. I can’t believe I figured out the problem. But of course, I feel bad about it, too. See, I read up on a bunch of stuff yesterday about babies waking up in the night. I just couldn’t figure out why he was waking up every night. I didn’t think it could be teeth every night.

So, last night I fed him as usually, and I nursed him about 7 pm. When he was done, he still didn’t seem done. So, I got a bottle ready with 3 oz. in it and fed him that about 7:30. He drank it like a champ and when I laid him down, he went to sleep so easily. And didn’t wake up until 4 am! I am so excited that I have found out the problem, but I am so sad that he has been waking up these past couple of weeks because he is hungry! I never thought that would be it, because he was sleeping through the night fine and then all of a sudden, not. I don’t think I am producing enough milk, but I don’t know what to do! I have started taken fenugreek and I am taking like 6 pills a day. I am going to try and up my pumping and hope that will make a difference.

Last night, I bathed Brayden and of course, Cooper was helping me. Justin went out to Red Rock to work on the water heater, so it was just me and the boys. At one point, I was squatting in front of Brayden’s little tub washing him, and Cooper had his arms around my neck. Then he just climbed on my back! The life of a mom with two little ones is never dull.

On Tuesday night, Cooper seemed like someone else’s child the whole evening. The book said that he took a 2 ½ hour nap, but it did not seem that way. He cried and whined and was generally naughty. He basically refused to eat his dinner because he wanted milk, and so he didn’t eat at all. I finally told Justin that I didn’t know what was wrong with him, but he obviously wasn’t himself and we needed to be nice and just love on him.

And Easter...it was wonderful. Saturday I took both the boys to an Easter egg hunt that a church put on. It was nice, but I don't think they expected the number of people, because Cooper did not get one single egg. So, I took him home and we did a hunt in our backyard. On Sunday, we went to church and then after Cooper's nap, we all went to Ian's mom's house...she had invited us to their Easter. It was very nice, the kids had a hunt and Cooper got lots of eggs. He had a ball playing in the bouncy house, playing in the yard, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment