Friday, April 8, 2011

Sick babies

Tuesday mom called to say Cooper woke up with a fever from his nap. Call it mother's intuition, call it whatever you want, but I knew I would be staying home Wednesday. Sure enough, at 5:30 the next morning Cooper woke up and had 103 temperature. By 11 am it was 104 and I had called the doctor and made him an appointment for the afternoon. I took Brayden with us and the Dr said Cooper just had a virus after taking some blood. On a whim I asked him if he could listen to Brayden's breathing, too, since he was still wheezing and coughing. He listened and asked that he pull the chart to make it an official appointment. Then he said he had bronchiolitis, or RSV. We did a breathing treatment in the office, and he said he would prescibe them for him since it seemed to help his breathing quite a bit.

Overall the doctor visit went ok, and I was glad because I had been nervous about taking them by myself. Justin stayed home with them thursday, since Cooper was still running a fever.

The night before, I took his temp at 6 pm and it was about 99 degrees. He sat on Justin and they watched basketball, while I played with Brayden and talked to Mom. Then, at 6:30 went I went in there, Cooper was sleeping! His cheeks were flushed and when we woke him up, he started moving his mouth around like he was grinding his teeth. So I took his temp and it kept going up, 103.5, not stopping until 104.2! He actually had over 105 temp. We were worried, so we put him in the bathtub to bring it down (I had already given him ibuprofen). eventually it got down to 103, and I felt like I could get him out since it was going down. His fever didn't quit until Thursday evening.

I will say this though: I love taking care of my boys. I don't mind it. I relish being there to hold them when they are sick, take them to the doctor, and check on them throughout the night. That's what being a mom is all about, and I love it. There is nothing like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment