Last Sunday was Cooper's 2nd birthday. It was wonderful. But on Sunday, the cough and runny nose he'd had for a week turned into more. When he woke up from a nap he had a fever of almost 102 under his arm. The rest of the week he would continue the runny nose and cough, but he didn't have a fever past Monday. I took him and Brayden to the doctor on Monday morning, and Memaw came too. She stayed all week and kept the boys. The doctor said both of them didn't have anything to prescribe medication for (Brayden had been coughing and had raspy breathing) but said to give Cooper Zyrtec. I did so for the whole week and it didn't seem to help...by Friday I felt like death and Cooper seemed worse, not better.
So, on Saturday when James' party rolled around, I really wanted to go, but felt like crap and decided to stay home and throw myself a pity party. Then Cooper did two of the sweetest, most precious things yet:
1.) usually, I take a shower at night after the boys are in bed, so Cooper never sees me with wet hair. I took a shower that morning, and when I got out, Cooper was very concerned. "ueh" he kept saying (I can't spell the noise he does, but it is a concerned kind of ehh, or aww) and touching it. Then we were sitting on the couch, and he was picking up strands of my hair, so I said "Mommy's hair is wet, I need to dry it." And with that, Cooper was on a mission. He hopped off the couch and took my hand, leading me toward my bathroom. He found a hand towel in there, and then led me back to the couch and told me to "sit." When I was sitting and he was sitting next to me, he started to rub the towel on my head, drying my hair! It was the funniest thing ever.
2.) Cooper, Brayden and I are sitting on my bed. Cooper notices a very tiny scab on my hand, and says "uhhh" and then leans down to kiss it! He kissed it and made it better. My little sweetie.
No comments:
Post a Comment