Our Lucas. From the moment he turned 4 months old and wouldn't sleep for the next five months, to his love for building and tools and hammers, to his very particular tastes in clothes (I'll pick out his clothes for school, and he'll come out wearing something completely different. Why? Because it didn't look good on me, Mom. I've gotten rid of more than half the hand-me-downs his brothers passed to him, without him even wearing them, because he simply won't wear them), this kid has been his own dog. (That's a phrase we use from one of their favorite books, I'm my own dog. It's so true about Lucas.)
He's Lucas and nobody else. He's a planner. His Papa Sid got him a wood building set for his birthday, where he can glue and nail and make things, and it was the perfect gift. His bookshelf is adorned with a pencil holder, a piggy bank, a name plate, a train--all that he made.
We love you Lucas Cole! Our sweet boy is five years old. What a joy and blessing you are to your Daddy and I every day.
Here's Lucas his last night of being four years old...
Waking up to his birthday streamers and birthday breakfast.
I love birthday traditions. We don't always have the same meal, but their breakfast is always something special. This time, it was chocolate chip pancakes.
Then we did something REALLY fun (in my opinion, anyway) and recreated this picture from when Lucas was only about 6 months old.
Happy 5th birthday, Lucas Cole!!
And no birthday would be complete without the birthday interview...









No comments:
Post a Comment