Sunday, September 23, 2018

Catching Up

From July 2018
 
We've officially moved to the Cedar Creek house and I'm catching up on all sorts of things because I finally. have. internet. 

So--I was scrolling through the notes on my phone and came across all these funny little things I wrote down that Lucas has said/done. And I'm just hoping I didn't already blog about them...

Me to Lucas: Who is your best friend?
L: Um, on tv? Or at school?
Me: Well, I meant at school, but do you have a tv best friend??
L: Sure I do. It's Little Bear. And my school best friend is Austin. 


One evening at dinner, Lucas told us, "Austin says he can hear me when I do this  (covers his ears with his hands and says loudly AHHHHH!)

Lucas: Can ya'all hear me when I do this? (covers ears with his hands) AHHHHH!! 



I love that Lucas relates his own life to his 'friends' (his stuffed animals). Like one day at the end of the school year, he told me: Pray for Froggy. He had a bad day. He threw a fit in the morning because he didn't want to get up.  

Then, after Brayden lost a tooth, Lucas started saying that he was 'growing a tooth'. And every night he would have Justin check his tooth to see how much it was 'growin'. 

And then there's glittering. Riding in the car one day, Lucas was asking so many questions about 'glittering' and it took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about. 

If we drop our trash in our own yard, is it still glittering?

Is it okay if we glitter in our own yard?

Me: Ohhhh...you mean littering.  

L: Yeah, that's what I said, GLITTERING. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment