Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Mrs. Voigt Likes: Wikki Stix

Like most moms, when we travel for vacation with the kids we *try* to make it as stress free as possible by planning ahead all sorts of activities for them...hangman, card games, word puzzles and searches...hopefully avoiding them spending the entire time glued to a pad or dvd screen. 

On our recent flight to Seattle the boys each received a goodie bag from the shuttle service and inside were these...and they were a big hit with my boys!

  
I first tried them out with our 5 year old. Brayden and I made eye-glasses, a house, a butterfly, and several other creations. The paper insert that came with them had some ideas and I did a google search for a few others. These were perfect for the flight and easily took up a good 45 minutes (and we only quit because we had to put away our tray tables for landing!). I'm now a huge fan! Cooper and I played with them on the flight home to Austin and he enjoyed them, also.

I haven't tried them with Lucas yet, but I'm thinking 3 years old is a little young, though I'm sure he would like for me to help him create. 4 years is good place to start.

Here are some pics of our Wikki Stix creations!









No comments:

Post a Comment