Our last day on the boat ended up being in Seattle. Traveling as a family is different from traveling as just husband and wife. There was much in Seattle to explore but after almost 8 full days of vacation, we decided to check out Pike's Market, and then hit up a few Seattle parks. As we made our way to the parks we could enjoy the city views and sunshine (it felt ah-mazing!).
A very nice man gave us directions to two parks nearby; the first park we found was cute, not very big (we almost walked right by it!) but sat in the heart of a busy shopping center and gave us plenty of people-watching time.
Then we arrived at the second park, after a quick ride on the light rail.
Wow. Dubbed the "artists park", it was eclectic and whimsical and very, very different from anything we are used to. When I think of a park, I imagine lots of grass and trees and a playscape thrown in somewhere... (The parks in Victoria were rolling hills and streams with turtles and ducks and flowers and...very nature-y). This park had turf grass with a little cushion underneath it so you almost bounced when you walked. No real grass or trees, but an amazing sphere for climbing with slides and an in-ground merry go round. We let the boys play for as long as we could. (And I seriously had a hard time stopping myself from climbing on the sphere...it looked so fun!)
Saturday, we left the boat for the last time to go to the airport. We waited all together (15 of us) for our 2 p.m. flights and discovered *another* reason to love Seattle. They have a children's play area in the airport where we sat for a good two hours (our flight was delayed) and watched the boys jump and climb and play and use their imagination and make friends.
Sigh. Can I move to Seattle?
Just kidding. I don't like rain that much. But I do really enjoy summer days of 85 degrees. AND play areas for three little boys.





No comments:
Post a Comment