Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Milk Me

Many times when I am about to give away a toy the boys have long forgotten, they suddenly have a renewed interest in them. 

Brayden did this the other day when I set out a Leapfrog magnet alphabet set. 
He busied himself putting the letters in order on the chalkboard. When I came to admire his work, I saw that M, N, and O were left out. I gently pointed this out and he replied matter-of-factory, "Well, I don't know how to spell 'lameno' ".

I blinked in confusion. So he started to sing the abc song and after k he sang "lameno, p". 
#ohhoney

********

On the way to church last Sunday, Lucas asked for his bible and announced, "I'm going to read my bible before church. Then I'm going to read my bible while I eat cookies."

He may or may not get cookies *every* Sunday in the children's room. 

********

After bedtime one evening, I was working on the computer when Brayden came slowly walking up, holding his hand out. He pushed his hand toward me and whispered, "Look. I found him in my room." 

It was a gecko. 

"Okay," I whispered back. "Say goodbye and put him outside."

He turned and made his way toward the front door, saying over his shoulder, "His tail is still in my room."

********

(Overheard) Cooper to Justin:
I didn't know Ken Griffey Juniors' dad was named Ken Griffey shr or s-r-r something like that. 

 ********

One afternoon not too long after coming home from vacation, the boys were playing outside and I brought their snack to the front porch. As I set the plates down, Cooper said, "It's like you're a maid, and you're bringing us our food."

********

The boys spent an afternoon with Grammi and Popo and returned full of stories about newborn puppy. They were full of awe and excitement and Lucas could barely get a word in, but finally I knelt down and asked him if he had fun. 

"Yes, mommy," he responded. "The baby puppy tried to milk on me at *Gammy's*!!"

He has since told several very confused people that a puppy tried to milk him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment