Cooper tooted loudly during dinner one evening. Justin looked at him from the corner of his eye and Cooper sheepishly said "excuse me". All was silent and then Brayden exclaimed, "Oh, I thought that was thunder!" And we all couldn't help but laugh.
On my birthday it rained most of the day, which worked out perfectly because all I wanted to do that afternoon was sip a cappuccino and get lost in Pride and Prejudice. Everything was working out--Lucas laid down for a nap, Cooper was captivated by a baseball game and Brayden decided to work on a puzzle. I went in our bedroom and had read all of 4 pages when Brayden popped his head in the doorway and asked if he could join me. Of course I agreed--and it turned into the sweetest afternoon of just him and me. He went and got one of my books from the bookshelf and said he wanted to read a book without pictures. He looked at his book intently and studied me reading, and every now and then would ask an important question...such as: Mom, is this how you kiss when you're married, the dad does his head like this (tilting his head) and the mom does her head like this, just straight? (nods sharply)
It was a birthday that filled my soul.
Cooper mentioned one day as we were driving:
I want a smart car. Do they only have two seats?
I replied Yes.
C: That's good when you just get married.
After Brayden's pre-k orientation we were in the car driving home and talking about all the upcoming changes. I told him, "I bet you're going to miss Lucas a lot, huh?"
One afternoon the boys were outside finding and accumulating frogs per usual when Cooper poked his head in the front door and hollered, "I found a frog and you know what his name is? Kershaw James Gonzales!"
For the first few days at school, Cooper would come home dying of thirst and needing to use the bathroom right away. (I can't explain it either.)
He said he didn't get to go at all at school and forgets to drink water. We had solved the bathroom issue and he was doing better at drinking water. One day I packed some cheese cubes in his lunch and when he got home he gave me some advice.
"If you want me to drink more water, give me more of that spicy cheese, Mom."
There's something about these little boys. We can have our rough moments and there might be a morning where I feel like tearing my hair out is a good idea....but in the same day I'm reminded how fortunate I am to have so many precious, priceless moments with them.




No comments:
Post a Comment