Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Grasshoppers

We've been outside A LOT lately. 

A warm Saturday morning enjoying the Rockne parade with cousins and friends.

Brayden, Cooper and Bellamy

All three boys like to walk around and hunt grasshoppers to feed our spider. I joined them one afternoon and Cooper explained the rules to me: 
"I only feed the small and medium grasshoppers to our spider. The big ones get the privilege to live because they've made it this far and haven't been eaten." 

That's wisdom right there, folks. 

For his part, Brayden often has frogs hitching a ride in his pockets. Walking up to the porch one day I found Brayden holding a frog as big as his hand. "I'm teaching him to walk like a person."
He was quiet for a second and then commented, "He's got some nice muscles."

You never know what is going to come out of Brayden's mouth. One afternoon while I was sitting at the kitchen table, I shushed the boys and asked, "Do you hear that bird?"

Brayden walked over saying knowingly, "One time I saw that bird. He was colorful. He was pink, blue and green."

Brayden also likes to tell me stories before bed. 
Tonight's story featured "Catchy" the rat and a "Freddy" the hyena.


All my boys on Justin's 34th birthday, hanging out and cooking some BBQ.

I seriously needed Lucas out of my hair while I was making dinner one evening, (I'm really not mean...There are hot things on the stove! And little boys want to be a part of what Mommy is doing.) so in desperation I told him, "You can go play with Cooper!"

From back in his bedroom Cooper must have heard me because he called down the hallway, "I don't know if he wants to play with me cause I'm just doing exercises."

I stealthily walked back to his room and saw this. It was all I could do not to laugh...he was back in his room doing sit ups and push ups!!

Add caption

Add caption

This is how Lucas sleeps with his babies.


Hanging out on Mumu and Pop's porch, Lucas wanted to love on his brother.

Add caption

All three boys playing Legos!

And Lucas is very intent on his Lego building.


No comments:

Post a Comment