At Cooper's birthday party last March, we were talking about Easter egg hunts and I told the story of Cooper's first egg hunt were there were 20,000 eggs and they were all gone in 30 seconds and Cooper didn't get one. single. egg.
Cooper overheard me tell the story and after the long birthday-day he'd had, it was just too much. He came over to me, tears brimming in his eyes and in the softest voice told me, "I'm really sad now thinking about how I didn't get any eggs."
And he was serious. I had to work hard at concealing my laughter (his face was just so devastated). I comforted him and soon he was happily playing again.
Later that night the boys were going to sleep (they were sharing a room then) when Brayden came into the living room and said sternly, brows furrowed, "Mommy, why would you tell Cooper a story about when he was a baby and he didn't get any eggs?" I apologized again for my mistake and he returned to their room.
A few minutes later he was back. "Mommy, I told Cooper a funny story and he's not sad anymore." Hooray for little brothers who care so deeply for their big brothers.
One day Cooper and Brayden were tidying up their room for me. Cooper came to where I was cleaning in the kitchen and informed me, "I told Brayden just relax and I'll clean up." He was wearing his winter gloves so I questioned, "Why do you have gloves on?"
He held up a pair of underwear with two fingers.
"I need gloves because of the undies," he explained.
Makes sense.
In the car one day, listening to the radio, "Because He Lives (I'm Alive)" was playing and Brayden shouted from the back seat "Two thumbs up for Jesus!" I just love that boy's spontaneity.
--------------------------------------------
"Mommy, I took Lucas' clothes off."
I turn around and see Brayden standing behind me, solemn.
"Why, sweetheart?"
"I was mad at him."
No comments:
Post a Comment