Friday, October 23, 2015

Uh-oh!!

Dear Lucas, 

One day, you're going to be all grown up. And you'll be living your life, doing whatever it is that God has called you to do (Daddy thinks that will be a MLB shortstop, but who knows?)....

And one day, you're going to read this and it is going to touch your heart--you may even cry a little at the knowledge of just how much your mother loves you. 

I want to share with you that at two years and two months old, you and I have a new nap time routine. Oh, we still do all the basics--brush teeth, read a story, kiss your babies and change your diaper. But now, thanks to you, sweet boy, we have an extra step. 

After I put a fresh diaper on you, you stand up, raise your arms and I meticulously wrap two layers of masking tape around your waist, over your diaper. THEN I lay you in your bed. 

Because if I don't, 30 seconds after I leave the room that diaper will come off and you'll have peed in your bed--on purpose.  (I'm not just guessing--you have actually done this on several occasions.) 

The "on purpose" part is important, because it is contrary to what you shout to me after its done. Uh-oh, Mommy!! UH-OH!

For the record, "uh-oh" is only appropriate when you accidentally pee in your bed. Not when you tear off your diaper with great relish and squeeze every last drop out and manage to produce an impressive amount even if we've just been to the bathroom before nap time. 

Anywho, no hard feelings, just thought you'd like to know about your two year old self.

Love, 
Mama

P.S. Here's a visual, if that helps. 





No comments:

Post a Comment