The Lucas American Dictionary is expanding (but only slightly).
No-Yes He still uses No interchangeably for yes, but he also says "No-Yes", which I attribute to our non-stop efforts at getting him to say Yes instead of No (Lucas, say Yes for mommy!! Yes!).
Daddy Dada Justin and I are Daddy Dada and Mommy Mama. Justin believes these are our first and last names as far as Lucas is concerned.
Ouchy-wahwah This is my personal favorite. This is what Lucas says when he gets hurt. He also says it if any of us get an owie. Part of what makes it so funny is his tone and expression.
'Nack and Peppa This is by far Lucas' favorite activity ('nack being short for snack, obviously). 'Nack and Peppa, Peppa and 'Nack...it's just a great combo. More on that below.
Assorted phrases: I've also taught him to say "ice-ice baby" (priorities, people) and he says: Cookie, HOT. Ice, COLD. Milk, COLD.
As you can tell, we're sticking to the basics.
As you can tell, we're sticking to the basics.
Snack time is near and dear to Lucas' heart. He wants a "nack" as soon as he's done with a meal. Who am I kidding, he wants a snack pretty much at any hour of the day. He also adores watching Peppa Pig...and since he adores food, and he adores Peppa, I guess he expects the two to go hand in hand. So as soon as he wakes up in the morning it's "nack and Peppa" and after nap time it's "nack and Peppa".
One morning when I dropped him off at the church nursery, as I closed the door Lucas was pointing up at the shelf and the sweet lady was asking him, "oh, you want a snack?"
I absolutely melt at most everything Lucas says. Or does. He is just so cute I CAN BARELY STAND IT. And I have to say it's pretty much unanimous in this house...we all turn to mush for Luca-budda. But I am the biggest pushover of all. Lucas has an incredibly endearing habit of hugging me fiercely. I'll be working on the computer and he'll unexpectedly come over, lay his head on my leg and squeeze. Tonight when I was leaning over to put his night-night shirt on, he grabbed me around the neck with both arms for a bear hug. Sometimes I don't think I can stand it. He just has so much love.
Then I walk in the living room to see him standing on the couch over Brayden, beating him on the head....and I wonder if I'm raising a miniature bully. Sigh.
Then I walk in the living room to see him standing on the couch over Brayden, beating him on the head....and I wonder if I'm raising a miniature bully. Sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment