Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Little of This

July was full of many random days for my boys and me. We've had several quick rain showers, and thanks to Peppa Pig, Cooper and Brayden know this means it's time to jump in muddy puddles. So one day I slapped their rain boots on and they made their way around the yard in search of mud or puddles, or both.

To keep things interesting, I break out presents on a whim. I had bought Cooper a Lego gas station set for his birthday, but just got it out for h to try a few weeks ago. We also brought out the hippo/polar bear chairs and there you have it: two little boys entertained all morning. They had a blast with the gas pumps and convenience store, and using their Cars cars.

Last Tuesday evening we left shortly after nap time for a birthday party at Chuckie Cheese for a little boy named Izaiah. He will be in Cooper's pre-k class this fall. The funniest thing was how enamored Brayden was with Chuckie Cheese. He stared at him like he was a hero and was so thrilled to take a picture with him--Cooper wanted nothing to do with him.

This was a brand new CC and we really had a great time. I hate to admit it, but I'm wondering if I should do the boys party there next year. They just put on such a show and really make the birthday kid feel special. And the best part about this new one was that they have a whole section of games and rides designed for my kids age. Usually, there are some rides that are for younger kids but all the games are too hard. So this was fabulous!

Cooper's new favorite word: fantastic

That's fantastic, Mom.
Mom, do you know what would be fantastic?

Brayden is pottytrained (hooray! And before baby Lucas is born) but there were a few days that things were hard. Let's just say I cleaned up my share of you-know-what off the floor.
One day Brayden came in the kitchen and told me: I tried to go poopoo on the potty but I just didn't.

Me: What do you mean? You tried but you couldn't go?

B: No, it's on the floor.


Another funny convo happened one evening when I was putting the boys to bed. Grandma and Grandpa Moore were traveling to a few places, including New York, and the boys and I had talked about it that day. So I'm putting Brayden in his bed and he says:
In the morning, lets go to 'Ork.(Thinks for a second)
But we need a plane. Grandpa Moore took the plane. (Then he thought for another second)
We could drive our car, but it's a long way.

('Ork is his word for New York)



















No comments:

Post a Comment