About a week ago, we had a small cold front move through which brought three blissful days of semi-cool weather. The boys and I forgot about the pool that Monday and Tuesday and spent all morning just playing outside, everything from Golf, to basketball, tricycles and sidewalk chalk. They even played in the sandbox a little.
The Tuesday before that, Aunt Katlyn met us in Bastrop for a 50 cent movie. The deal is going on all summer and they're showing tons of great kids movies, with proceeds benefiting the Boys and Girls club. That day it was Horton Hears A Who. This was the very first time either of my boys had been to the movie theater. Cooper was very impressed; Brayden only made it about 20 minutes through the beginning and 10 at the end. I had to take him out and we walked around the building, watched some people bowl and explored the arcade. I let him ride the carousel once.
Cooper has started saying things make him "nervous". He uses it in the wrong context though, and it's pretty funny. One evening when they were watching a show on our bed, Cooper started calling for us and when we asked what was wrong, he responded:
C: Brayden's making me nervous.
Justin: Why, buddy?
C: Because he has a pillow on his legs.
Brayden and Justin have this thing they do, a voice, where Justin says, "Hi Brayden" and Brayden answers "Hi Daddy". But you have to hear it, I can't really explain how it goes.
I'm also posting a picture of the boys playing in Brayden's room and it's quite dark--this is because for several days Cooper wanted to play with the lights out. He insisted on doing this, even when my mom and dad were over playing. Strange!







No comments:
Post a Comment