On the way to church on Wednesday nights, we practice Cooper's verses. I do some with Brayden, too, because he wants to be just like big brother. One evening Cooper was not in the mood and after one verse would not respond when I asked him. Then when he did respond, he surprised me by saying, "I'm tired of answering this. I just want to pay you."
What?! Pay me so you don't have to do your work...where did that come from?
Here are some examples as proof that my boys do listen to what I tell them:
The boys were asking me at lunch one day who says 'darn it'. I was just going about my business and said "Well, mommy doesn't say it. And you don't either." But Brayden kept pressing the issue so I just said, "I'm sure people say that but this family doesn't." Not that it's a terrible word, but I'm pretty careful what I say around them.
Then, Grammi came over Easter Sunday and we were in the front yard blowing bubbles. Something happened and she said, "Oh, darn it."
Cooper looked straight at her and said, "This family doesn't say darn it."
It was so funny--one of the funniest things is hearing them say things you have said in a new situation.
Then, on the drive home one day, just me and the boys, I was trying to get them to drink their water cups, Brayden especially because Cooper usually will on his own.
Me: Drink your water, Brayden.
Brayden: No, it's not good.
Cooper (chiming in from the back seat): Brayden, God made everything good.
After Cooper's first night in his new race car bed, I asked him if he slept well and if he went racing in his sleep. He smiled and said he did.
Me: You did? Did you win?
Cooper: No, Francesco won. Lightning McQueen was in the lead but then Francesco won.
Me: Oh, we'll maybe you'll win the next race.
Cooper: Yes, Mom, don't you remember? Francesco wins the first race and LMcQueen wins the second race.
We've been coloring a lot lately, and discovered that Brayden (27 months) can already hold his crayons the correct way!! I was so proud.






No comments:
Post a Comment