What a beautiful, wonderful day we had on Wednesday, Cooper's 4th birthday. Days like this make me incredibly grateful I get to soak up so many moments of these little boys.
We started the day with birthday decorations and blueberry muffins. Next we headed to see Grammi and Matthew for a short but fun visit. Then we had to be at Bob Bryant park for storytime and a special egg hunt. Cooper really enjoyed this--he said it was the best part of the day (that was until he opened presents, of course). We had a birthday lunch at Sonic sitting outside on the patio, and then headed home for a bubble bath and nap. Once Daddy got home we sang happy birthday and Cooper blew out the candles on his pizza, then we headed to church for class.
The eve of Cooper's birthday, it hit me that he is about to be 3 no more!! Funny how you can talk and talk about something, building it up, and then when it actually happens you can't believe it.
Cooper is in full Captain Hook character the past couple of days. The day before and of his birthday, he made us call him Captain Hook and took on his personality. He would make this mean face and when he spoke, his tone was very annoyed and kind of biting.
Here are some of the things he said:
"I wish a crocodile had bitten off my hand and I had to wear a real hook."
"I want to be like captain hook and not take naps."
We were in the car when he first said this, and I laughed and said I needed to write that one down. Then he said:
"And I want to not sleep at night. Write that down, too."
This started a whole discussion where he then told me Captain Hook doesn't sleep a long time, so either he should not take a nap or not sleep at night--that's the choice. His exact words!
(On the morning of his birthday)
Cooper: Captain hook doesn't like this.
Me: Like what?
Cooper: Taking pictures...or anything.
"But I don't have to follow the rules because I'm Captain Hook."
"Captain Hook doesn't say please."
"I can do anything I want to."
One picture below is where Cooper showed me how Captain H sleeps. Another is him trying to hit the t-ball with his hook on. Priceless.
(I have more pictures to post, so check back to this blog entry!)







No comments:
Post a Comment