Sunday, February 10, 2013
No Crying No Screaming No Hitting
My little Cooper is 3 going on 13. He's got an attitude the size of Texas. He will actually sigh in exasperation when talking with me sometimes.
Some recent Cooperisms:
On my last appointment, my Dad watched the boys at our house. After he left, the boys were riding tricycles and Cooper just said, "Mom, I'm driving to Popo's. You take a left, then a left, then right then right, then a left."
And that is exactly how many turns to get to my parents house! I was impressed. So I asked him where he learned that. And he responded, "Nowhere. I just figured it out."
The boys were whispering in a corner as I walked by so I asked what they were up to. Cooper said: "It's nothing, just boy talk. You can't join in, cause it's little boy talk."
I was in the kitchen making dinner, and Cooper comes running in and says, "I came out because I was so hungry. I'm bangin' hungry."
This dumbfounded me. I didn't even know what it meant or where he could have heard it!
Cooper decided one day he needed to use the bathroom in the middle of lunch. He had been in there for some time so I called out to him:
Me: Cooper, when do you think you will be done sweetheart?
Cooper: Like Saturday or Friday or Wednesday.
Some recent Braydenisms:
One Wednesday a few months ago, when we were on our way to church, Brayden scratched a spot on his leg to where it bled. For some reason he called it "peeled" and the phrase stuck with him. It's so funny now because he uses it often, as if to say 'scrape' or 'cut'.
Cooper falls down, Brayden asks: You get peeled?
Justin gets a cut from work, Brayden asks: You got peeled, Daddy?
The boys playing with toys, and I hear Brayden say: I will peel you!
When we are going somewhere, I'll talk about how the boys are supposed to behave. But Brayden made up his own rules. One day I asked on the way somewhere, "what are the rules, boys?" and Brayden responded, "No crying no screaming no hitting."
I held Brayden over the sink after dinner to wash his hands. He made a little noise, so I asked, "Oh, did that hurt your little tummy?" Brayden said: "Yeah, because there's a baby in it."
When Brayden pretends to be a Doctor, he has a very special method of patient care: he bandages you, brushes your teeth, gives you medicine and a kiss. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment