Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bobby

I can't remember if I've written about Bobby before. "Bobby" started a few months ago with the boys. I'm not sure who invented him, but he's stuck with us. At first, they would talk as though Bobby was sitting or eating with us. Now, they mainly just talk about him. It's hard to explain what they do, so here are some examples.

The boys are riding tricycles, so I ask where they're going.
Boys: We're going to Bobby's house!

Me: Brayden, why did you peepee on the floor?
Brayden: Because Bobby's coming.

They do this constantly. They answer my questions with responses that don't even make sense, and they always include Bobby.

Since the boys are 2 and almost 4, of course they talk constantly. Especially in the car, where I can't always listen attentively. One Wednesday evening in the car, Brayden and I had this conversation:

Brayden: Mommy! Mommy!
Me: Yes Brayden. (distractedly)
Brayden: I'm fixing my hair.
Me: Okay. (Not really paying attention, I look back at him and he's scrunching his hair with his hands.)

Once we get to church, I go around the car to get the boys out. I see Brayden with a wet shirt and wet looking hair. Turns out he poured water from his sippy cup into his hands to fix his hair!

Sitting on the couch after Brayden has gone to bed, visiting with Memaw. Cooper is talking about the baby and what it can or can't do when it is born. Then the conversation takes an unexpected turn...

Cooper: How does the baby come out of your tummy?
Me: Well...the Doctor takes it out.
Cooper: But HOW does the Doctor get the baby out of your tummy? Does he open it like a fridge?

Last night, Justin cut the boys hair for the first time and did such a good job! I don't have pictures on my phone but here are two of their new do's, and two that show how long it was before.











No comments:

Post a Comment