Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Banana Hoop

Somewhere Brayden heard someone say Father. One evening he came up to me, put his hands on either side of my face and asked "Are you my father?"
I couldn't help but laugh out loud. So I explained father and mother and how it was the same as mommy and daddy. Okay, so now he refers to Justin as 'father' all the time. Here are some examples:

--Uncle Jimmy was over and commented on how good their haircuts looked. Brayden told him "My father cut it."

--Justin calls every day on his way home from work, and one day as we were talking, Brayden walks up, holds out his hand and says, "I want to tell my father something."

The boys have another saying that we don't understand: Banana hoop!
They say it randomly and then crack up about it. The one time I asked what it meant, Cooper said, "It's bananas in a circle." Like, duh, Mom.

Cooper knows that he is responsible for more things than Brayden is, such as cleaning up his room. I try to explain to him that when he was Brayden's age, he didn't have to do as much either.
One day we had this conversation:

Cooper: I just want to be like Brayden.
Me: What makes you say that?
Cooper: 'Cause, he doesn't have to pick up toys. And he gets to sleep with stuffed animals.

Walking out of HEB on Tuesday, Cooper found a lady bug on one of the grocery bags. He exclaimed, "It's the first lady bug of spring time!"
Then in the car, he told me "My lady bug is thirsty" and attempted to let it drink from his cup.




Brayden eating cereal like a big boy! He loves drinking the milk out of the bowl.


No comments:

Post a Comment