Tuesday we went to Justin and Laura's house for a play date with Matthew and Grammi. It was our first one since Matthew learned to roll and get up on all fours. He is so adorable and we had a blast.
I have known for a while that Brayden needs to give up his binky. Two years old is usually the recommended cut off. We've talked about it but just couldn't bite the bullet. Well, that day I stopped off at Dollar General before we got there. I had talked to Brayden all morning about giving Matthew his binky, hoping that would make it easier. So at DG, he got to pick out a toy that he could have if he gave it up. It worked and we are going on Day 2 of no pacifier!
Today we visited Mumu and Pop. It was 70 degrees and sunny when we left our house. About 30 minutes after we got there, a front moved in. I'm posting a picture of what it looked like--dark clouds but not a drop of rain.
On the way home, we sang songs. Brayden made up his own song, to the tune of "Jesus loves me". Here are his lyrics:
"I love you so much
For the Bible tells us so
For Bobby's coming to our house
And Papa Sid will be there, too"
That same morning, Brayden was asking me questions as I made his breakfast. Probably at least a million. Either I wasn't giving the right answer, or wasn't answering fast enough, because he said this:
B: Are we having peanut butter on the toast? Answer me!
Where they come up with this stuff, I'm sure I don't know.
![]() |
| The view from Mumu and Pop's back porch. |




No comments:
Post a Comment