Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oh-tay!

I love firsts, especially when it comes to my kiddos! I think Brayden is getting ready to take his first steps. He already loves to do a lot of stuff, like shake his head no. When I am holding him sometimes, I blow air on his forehead and he thinks this is very funny. He also does a funny thing that cracks Cooper and me up—he will crawl toward you with his head down, so he can’t see where he is going. It’s hilarious but words can’t really do it justice. He thinks it is funny, too!

I recorded Cooper talking last night hoping to catch some of the humorous things he says. One is “Oh-tay.” (instead of okay). He says this all the time now, and just like those kids on “little rascals”.  Here are some recaps of our conversations:

Cooper:  “Want my cars, Mom” as we are driving down the road.
Me:  “Cooper, I didn’t bring any of your cars, but we can play with them when we get home.”
Cooper: “Oh-tay. Oh-tay, Mom.”
Me: “Cooper, it’s Sunday, and you know what that means! Tomorrow you get to go to Grammy’s.”
Cooper: “Oh-taay!”

I hear Cooper shouting from his bedroom after I’ve laid him down for bed:
Cooper: “My puc! My puc!”  (he says puc instead of cup)
Me:  “Here’s your cup, buddy. Now it’s time to go to sleep, ok?”
Cooper:  (tear filled voice, hiccupping a little) “Oh-tay, Mom, oh-tay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment