Friday, October 28, 2011

On this day...

Most of the time, I use this blog to talk about my two beautiful children. But, if Justin and I hadn’t gotten married 5 years ago TODAY, those two beautiful children wouldn’t be here! So I’m going to post a wedding picture from our wonderful day, October 28, 2006. It really feels like yesterday, and I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man.

Now on to more important topics—privacy in the bathroom! Of course, before I had Cooper and I read magazines and baby websites, I heard all the groaning that moms made about not getting any privacy in the bathroom. I am now experiencing that joy. Seriously, I’m not complaining, just journaling my life with my two year old. Saying I have no privacy in the bathroom is an understatement—he’s not only in there with me, sometimes he likes to rest on my knees or try and give me a hug. You might wonder why I don’t just close the door and lock it. And my answer would be because I’d rather not hear him scream at me through the door.
Cooper has started taking toys to bed with him. It started out with a few of his cars, maybe his phone. Then he began wanting his cup in bed. And somehow, it has culminated to last night where he had the following items spread around his head: two baby dolls, one cup, a stuffed caterpillar, several cars, his phone (one of many), two Halloween pumpkins, two other stuffed animals, and the big red box all of his cars fit in. It was ridiculous. Of course, I go in after he is asleep and move them all, but last night I made an executive decision that starting today (maybe) he will be limited to three toys. We’ll see how that plays out.

This is how he was sleeping.
Brayden has tried taking a few steps, but isn’t really feeling it yet. He loves being outside, as much as his big brother, and lately I have been letting him play in the sandbox with Cooper. He gets so dirty, and I have to sit and watch him like a hawk because he will try over and over to put dirt or leaves in his mouth. But he just loves it, so I can’t resist.
Memaw is here! More on that later, but here's a shot of Cooper with his Memaw reading books.

No comments:

Post a Comment