Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Red Brad Pitt

There are these two action figures Cooper plays with. They look the same but are different colors; one is blue and Cooper calls him buzz. The other is red, and Cooper has a name for him but we have no idea what it is—when he says it, it sounds like “Red Pitt”. At first we thought he was saying Red Brad Pitt! So now we call him Red Pitt and Cooper seems to agree. Not sure what he is actually saying, but it is pretty funny.

They are making Buzz and Red Pitt eat grass.
Cooper is very talkative these days. He plays with his cars and he makes them talk. One day I caught him making them say “I gonna tell mama, I gonna tell mama on you.” Then, another time he said “You my friend? Oh yes I your friend. You gonna come?” The dialogue is ever changing and so adorable. He is asking a lot more questions now—if we say something he wants to know more, or even if we don’t bring anything up he wants to know! “What are you drinking, Mom? Are we going this way? Why are we going this way? Where did Dad go?” Etc, etc.
Last Friday we went to Rockport for KJ and Sara’s wedding. It was a small affair and we had a wonderful time. They seem very much in love. Cooper has gotten to know the Moores a lot better now, and he was really in his element. Dancing with everyone, playing games and talking up a storm. Brayden also showed off, doing his pop-eye face, trying to walk and talk.

The Voigts at the Moore wedding.

Two weekends ago, we loaded up the car and made a trip East to visit Rick and Amy, pay Memaw a visit and hang out with some friends. Cooper loves Rick; anytime he is on the phone and you ask him who he is talking to he will say “Uncle Rick.” So the boys had a great time—Rick and Amy just moved into a house they are renting and it is lovely. Three bedrooms, so it was perfect for a trip with two little ones! Here are the boys playing in the living room:


On the way home, we spotted a BBQ restaurant in Columbus offering a $8.95 buffet—needless to say, Justin pulled right over. I believe this might have been the first time we have taken both boys into a restaurant—but I use the term “restaurant” loosely. This was a very unique spot, run by an older gentleman in his 80’s who walks around with a leather jacket and bow tie. They had booster seats and high chairs, so mom was happy. The boys did very well, partly because the restaurant décor was very entertaining—every square inch of the walls was covered in mounted animals.


Mom was sick a few days last week so I stayed home with the boys. Brayden just turned 11 months, so with that impending one year birthday of course comes the dreaded weaning from the bottle. Cooper did it very well and I hope his brother his no different. With that in mind, I put Brayden’s milk in a sippy cup the other day. He loved it—though I’m not sure how much he actually drank from it! But it was so cute to see him using it “like a big boy” as Cooper would say.  


No comments:

Post a Comment