This is the first Christmas Cooper really understands all of the Christmas decorations—his first Christmas he was too little, and last year I didn’t really decorate because we had the house for sale. So he is quite taken with all of it—the tree and other displays. The evening I put everything up, he stared in here for a long time and kept saying “I want it.”
We went to Hondo over Thanksgiving, but just took Cooper. Brayden is walking but not great, and Hondo is not a place for crawling babies. He stayed with my mom. Cooper was a little off kilter when we first got there, but he is getting over an ear infection (more on that below). But once he warmed up he had a great time—jeep rides, hanging with Popo and once it was dark and the fire was going, he had his first s’mores!!
| He loves hanging with his Popo. |
| Tuckered out after a day of Hondo fun! |
Brayden is a character. I snapped this pose of him posted up on Cooper’s chair.
Here is my baby—almost one year! Pretty soon I need to be taking his binky away and switching him to whole milk. He is doing much better at eating small finger foods. He really likes arrowroot cookies. (I break them up in little pieces.)
Last week was Thanksgiving. Memaw got here Monday night and kept the boys until Thursday. Wednesday when I got up with the boys, Cooper was complaining that his ear hurt and pulling his right ear. I had gone to see a movie with the twins the night before, and Justin said he was saying it as he went to bed. I had to lay down with him when I got home (close to 10) because he wouldn’t go to sleep. So I went to work Wednesday morning, but thinking about Thanksgiving day and how busy we were going to be Friday, I went ahead and made him an appointment that afternoon. Turns out he had a severe ear infection in his right ear! The Dr prescribed ear drops and an antibiotic. We ran to HEB in Austin after his appointment to fill the prescription, since I was worried about the traffic to Bastrop the night before Thanksgiving. We waited about an hour, walking around the store. Cooper had already received some of the drops from the nurse so he was a good boy. By the next day he was already acting like he felt better.
Aunt Becky and Uncle Jim stopped by on Thursday, right before Memaw had to head back to Houston. We sent the picture of Memaw, Justin and the boys to Aunt Mae in California!
No comments:
Post a Comment