Monday, December 12, 2011

Ride That Horsie

Cooper had his first experience with hot sauce two weekends ago when we were with the Moore’s in Houston. We give him salsa occasionally at home, but it is extra mild. So we are eating out Mexican food last Saturday when we visited Grandma and Grandpa Moore. Cooper is acting like a little man, sitting at the table with us and grabbing tortilla chips. He dipped one in the salsa and starting munching away. A few minutes later I noticed he was being very quiet and had this odd look on his face—he looked uncomfortable. So I asked him if he was ok, and he shook his head and said, “I not ok, Mom.” He looked ready to burst into tears! I figured out what was wrong and handed him some water and a tortilla to eat. We couldn’t help but laugh, though.


We have the Radio Flyer horse that Memaw got Cooper in the living room. One evening Justin moved it into the front room next to the Christmas tree and the boys took turns riding it. Brayden had a blast! He really gets into it and has the most gleeful expression on his face.



The other night we were playing in Cooper’s room, and he wanted his hot wheels ramp. I was looking and looking for it, and finally I spotted it on top of his dresser. As I pulled it down and said “who could have put it up there” , Cooper said “Silly mommy”—like I put it there! Cooper is so patient with us when we can’t understand him. Last night I was laying him down and he started asking for something—I could make out the word “n” but didn’t know what he was saying, so I called Justin in the room. We both listened and still didn’t get it. Finally, I guess Cooper figured out we weren’t going to catch on so he explained “I need something to wipe my nose,”—and then we figured out, Oh, he needs a napkin!

Brayden has started kissing and hugging—he is such a sweetie. Sometimes you can’t get him to stop with the kisses! Open mouthed, of course. He is so adorable. Nothing could be sweeter than a kiss and a hug from your little baby

No comments:

Post a Comment