Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Houston Bound!

Wow! I have tons to write about. This weekend Justin and I took the boys to Houston for a whirlwind weekend. We headed to Memaw’s on Friday night once the boys were ready to go to sleep. They did great, although Cooper didn’t go to sleep right off the bat, but it was only about 45 minutes. He sang “Memaw, Memaw” for a while, so I think he thought we were going to be there soon. When we got there the boys both laid down fine, but Cooper started crying and both Justin and I had to take turns laying down with him. He ended up in our bed both nights.

Saturday morning we woke up and played at Memaw’s. I went to Tiffany’s bridal shower at 10:30, and when I got back we headed to LaMarque for Jayce’s 4th birthday party. (Mike and Celina’s oldest) That was a blast. Cooper got in the pool with Mike, since Justin and I didn’t have our swimsuits. Then Mike asked him if he wanted to go on the big slide, and he said Yes! I knew it was a bad idea, and Coop would change his mind, but they went anyway. Mike held him up so he wouldn’t go under water, but Cooper started crying anyway! After that he was out of the pool, but he stayed in his swimsuit and had fun people watching. We headed back to Clear Lake for dinner with Memaw and Aunt Mae. Cooper stayed up late playing with Aunt Mae, and he had the best time playing with Pooh and Eeyore. Now he says “Eeyore, Eeyore, Eeyore”. On Sunday we got up and headed to Kevin and Carla’s house. We stayed there for lunch and pool time—again, Cooper didn’t want to be in the big pool, but they have a hot tub and he was all over that! He played and splashed and loved the hot tub. The pictures below are the boys about 3 minutes after we left their house Sunday night…


Monday night, I picked the boys up from Grammy’s, and not too long after I was putting some laundry away in our bedroom. Cooper scooped up an empty purse that was on the floor, and put his feet in a pair of my heels that were laying next to the bed. Then for about the next 30 minutes, he walked around in the heels carrying my purse! He would look over his shoulder to see if I was watching. Justin just shook his head, but thankfully didn’t say anything…little kids are just exploring! Then, he put all of his cars in the purse. It was too cute.
See you later, Mom! I'm headed out.

Cars go in the purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment