His new quirk--I can barely type the words that my sweet baby uses--is to ask politely if he can hit me when I'm not giving in to his demands.
Me: Lucas, it's time to go potty and lay down for naptime.
Lucas: No *tanks*, mom, no *tanks*.
Me: Lucas, you have to go potty now.
L: Hit! I want to hit you, Mommy.
Me: Lucas, you absolutely cannot hit anyone.
L: YES! PEASE! Pease can I hit you?!!
![]() |
![]() |
| He's riding with his bunny strapped in to his robe. |
![]() | |
| Enjoying a popsicle at Justin's work picnic. |
![]() |
******************************************************************************************
Our Bray. That perfect combination of fiery temper and absolute heart-melting compassion and sweetness.
I've been teaching the boys about being gentlemen--training them to do things that even Justin doesn't always do for me (open a car door, for instance) but things I would like my boys to grow up practicing. Brayden excels at opening doors now.
One day, after church, he and Justin were way ahead of me walking to the car, and Brayden patiently held the door open as I walked a great distance from the other end of the building. Then, later that afternoon he told me, "You know what was the best moment of my life? When I held the door open for you and you walked all the way across the church hall."
Cooper and Brayden both love their "no-sleeve" shirts (as they call them)...Mama calls them summer tank tops but Daddy says boys don't wear tank tops. :)
Brayden came in one afternoon wearing one and told me, with his arm lifted high above his head, "I think I feel tiny hairs in my armpit."
Another day, Brayden mused, "I already know what my wish is...can I tell you because I might forget?"
I nodded and he whispered, "To be a cat."
I laughed a little and asked him why he wanted to be a cat. "Because they attack and fight stuff and leap up." He was silent for a moment and then he added, a little quieter, "But I'll tell you one thing--I don't want to kill a mouse."






No comments:
Post a Comment