Justin had dinner this week with a few friends, mainly because a friend who lives in Abu Dhabi was visiting family in the States. I was explaining to the boys that he wouldn't be home for dinner, and (of course) they wanted to know where he would be dining.
Me: They're eating at the Red Rock Steakhouse.
Brayden: When will we go there?
Me: I don't know...it's a pretty fancy place.
Brayden (matter-of-factly): Ohhhh...so we can't spill anything.
Lucas' voice was shaky and scratchy all day today. Justin called home during lunch and I was filling him in on our day.
"He's a little hoarse," I explained, when Justin heard Lucas talking in the background.
"He's a little hoarse," I explained, when Justin heard Lucas talking in the background.
Lucas overheard and corrected me, "No, we're not horses, mommy."
In the morning after breakfast, I was trying to finish my coffee when Brayden appeared, loudly informing me that Lucas was in Cooper's candy stash and opening them up.
"Lucas, come here please!" I hollered down the hallway.
He came running into the kitchen. "No, I not opening candy," he defended himself.
"Lucas, you are not allowed to get into Cooper's candy," I said sternly.
"Can I ....just *pell* it??" (smell)
Truly I should have said no, but anytime he asks to *pell* something I just can't stand the cuteness and have to say yes.
A picture popped up on my computer the other day of our Cooper James, just two years old and playing with a phone. Now he's helping his little brothers with math, watching baseball games and practicing his pitching. This growing up is hard on a mama.



No comments:
Post a Comment