Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day - Part 1

Sometimes you just don't know how blessed you are until you are confronted with some of the injustices in this life...

Such as children with no father, children who never knew their father, children who lost their father at a young age...and I could go on, but you get my point. 

Isn't that so unbelievably sad? That it takes seeing pain and neglect and tragedy for us to appreciate those in our own families?

I am thankful that I had a good Daddy growing up. One who worked hard for his family, and loved my mother as best he knew how, and was always there to meet our needs. 

And I pray that I can appreciate him as he deserves to be appreciated--all the time. 

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Our most recent picture together was last weekend at the Kacey Memorial--and of course, there is not one good picture of us both smiling, but it has my boys in it and I thought that was fitting--my boys, my Dad and me. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment