Justin is a great father--and he has long known what Father's Day is about before I did (even if he doesn't know that I know that he knows...that's a little Friends humor). If you read my mother's day post, then you know I've done some soul searching and I discovered so much about what *my* day should truly be about, versus what I silly notions I used to carry around.
This Sunday is Father's Day. Usually, this weekend we would be in Dallas with Ella and Bob et al celebrating Kelsey's birthday. But this year we made a few plans for Father's Day and decided to do the Dallas thing in July. Justin had a work golf tournament on Friday and we had a special morning planned at church on Sunday.
But sandwiched between those things, here's what my husband did on *his* weekend:
He smoked some chicken and pork for us and our families.
He mowed and weed-eated our (large) yard.
He took Cooper and Brayden to the city to get a new baseball glove.
He went over to his grandparents and helped them with some things that needed doing around the house.
Last, but definitely not least, he did some sort of magic to several doors in the house that were driving me CRAZY squeaking when they were opened.
And while I was writing this all down, I was thinking of a song I love and the lyrics say something like...for all those who live to serve and not be served...
I love this man. He works tirelessly for our family. He consistently puts us first, before himself. When I look at him I don't have to wonder if there are any good men out there anymore, because I can unequivocally say that there definitely are.
Our boys are very blessed to call him Daddy--and so (yes, there is a point to all of this gushing and praise) we put together a little something for him to enjoy on Father's Day.
It's a Father's Day movie starring the Voigt Boys, and I tried to upload it here but the file is too large--so here's the video if you'd like to check it out (and I think you should!) or you can click the link below.
https://youtu.be/spWVWJHB0PM
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. Mark 10:45


No comments:
Post a Comment