Friday, August 7, 2015

Six Flags!


The second Saturday of July, we left Lucas with Memaw for the day and met up with Kevin and Carla and all Justin's siblings for a day at Six Flags Fiesta Texas! 

To put it nicely, roller coasters are not my thing. But, my husband adores them. So I was prepared to ride as many as my heart could handle to show Justin just how much I love him.
But, Cooper and Brayden couldn't ride many of the rides and also, they'd be scared, right? So I'd have to fulfill my motherly duty and sit out some of the rides...through no fault of my own.

Then we discovered on our first ride as a family that Cooper LOVES roller coasters. He's not scared AT ALL. 

Our guides for the day took us to the Roadrunner, which was a ride both boys could get on with an adult. I was completely at ease about it--it's a kids coaster, after all! I sat next to Cooper and Brayden got in beside Justin. We buckled them in and the next thing I know, we are flying on this death trap and I am very quietly and calmly panicking. I literally threw my leg across Cooper's legs and pushed down on his lap belt with every ounce of strength I had. I thought surely they'd made a mistake because there is no way a 4 and 6 year old are old enough and weigh enough (Cooper doesn't even weigh 45 lbs yet!) for this ride. Cooper finally yells, "Get off me, Mom!" And I move over to my side but when it's finally over and we pull up to the terminal, I look back at Brayden and he has the most sour expression. Poor thing, his mom and dad did not prepare him for that at all!  And that was his first and last roller coaster ride of the day. He did all the kiddie rides and rode the Scooby Doo coaster at least four times, but he wanted nothing to do with the Roadrunner again. And I can't say I blame him. 

Cooper, however, rode every ride he could and begged to do the Roadrunner again before we left. Then, at Pandemonium, a ride Justin and I both felt was a little too much for him, he patiently listened and then quickly responded, "I want to ride it. I'm not scared." So he went with Justin and I took Brayden to the carousel. Not long after we finished the carousel ride, Cooper comes walking up with KJ and very nonchalantly asks if we want to go on the carousel again. I ask him how his ride was and he shrugs his shoulders, "Fine. No big deal." 

Looks like Justin has a new roller coaster partner and I have a new sit-on-the-bench-and-drink-a-lemonade partner. 

The whole gang plus our guide, Izaiah, because we used his selfie stick. And because he was the best guide ever.


This ride has Brayden's name written all over it.

Our meet and greet with the Looney Toons gang!


I almost forgot to mention the overwhelming cuteness that was Brayden and Cooper meeting the Looney Toons characters. Brayden was particularly mesmerized and gave enthusiastic hugs to each and every one. He very clearly loved them.

Scooby Doo coaster.


I also almost forgot about how we monopolized the Bumper Cars for a good thirty minutes. Hey, those VIP passes ought to be good for something, right? In the picture above, Macy and Cooper are bumping into me and Macy told me once we were done that Cooper told her, "Let's get Mommy first."


No comments:

Post a Comment