Lucas and I have conversations all day, usually along the lines of this:
Lucas, pointing to his left. "Gonga!"
Me: "Really? Gonga??"
Lucas: "GONGA!!" Insistently pointing to his left.
Me: "Okay! Gonga! Let's have Gonga."
Insert screaming, flopping on ground and rolling around. (Lucas, not me.)
Or, you might overhear something like this:
"Lucas, you want a cracker?"
"No."
"Buddy, how about some water?"
"No."
"Lucas, do you have a dirty diaper?"
"No."
He still responds No to pretty much any and all questions. And I think it's precious. So you won't find me saying "yes" every time he answers "no" but means "yes". Got it???
Rather than correct Lucas' adorable way of saying things, the whole family has just adopted it. Now, we all say "Gonga". It's just so cute when Lucas says it, why not?
And a "mo" is a phone, or it can also be a remote. So now we refer to our phones as a "mo." I'll say to Justin, "Have you seen my mo?"
That's not wrong, is it? I mean, surely he won't go to kindergarten asking to call his mommy on the mo...

No comments:
Post a Comment