Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Elgin Christmas Tree Farm

Last Tuesday all the Kindergarten classes traveled to the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm for a field trip. It was supposed to be a beautiful day...or so I thought. The high was 66 but a cold front blew in about 9 am. I sent Cooper to school in shorts and a tshirt, but realizing how cold it had gotten I packed a jacket for him. 

When the buses arrived all these poor kids got off just shivering. It was incredibly windy at the Farm. But we made due. 

There was a lesson in how seeds grow and then a tug of war contest. Potato sack races: boys against girls! We went through a crazy maze and jumped around on a huge pile of hay bales. There were duck races and picnic tables for lunch. Then a trip through the maze of hay, a hands on lesson in planting seeds, and finally we walked around the petting zoo. Goats, llamas, rabbits, baby kittens and ponies. 





Cooper is becoming a little man, looking up to his daddy and pulling back from his mommy, so he was only 50% happy I was there. :)
(In other words, absolutely no pictures, mom.)

I was blessed to be a part of his day, and have Grammi and Popo taking care of my other boys. 

Brayden spent the day with Matthew, and this was their goodbye. 



And Lucas spent the day with Popo, completely against his will....


No comments:

Post a Comment