Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Baby Robot

Cooper gets homework almost every day. A lot of it is reading sight words, memorizing them, spelling and using them in a sentence. One day I pulled out a sheet full of words with directions to go down the list and use them in a sentence. He wasn't fazed in the least. 

"Oh, we do that in school all the time. I always just make a sentence using baby robot."

I was very confused. "Baby robot? I've never heard you mention that."

"Well, that's what I do. Give me a word."

"Okay," I replied. "See."

"I see the baby robot."

"Up."

"The baby robot is up."

"Boy."

"The baby robot is a boy." 

"Cooper!" I exclaimed, laughing. "You can't just use the same sentence over and over!"

"Why not?" He asked. "I'm using the word, aren't I?"

Hmmm.  

A few days later he came home from school and we were sitting at the kitchen table talking about his day. He told me about lunch, and specials, and then...

"....And then Ms. Noles today was like, say a sentence without baby robot, and I was like Ahhh!"

Oh, that boy. He kills me.

Add caption

Add caption


Here are some of Cooper's recent drawings and artwork:

Add caption

"My tooth came out, yeah, that is ok"

Add caption

He made this picture on a computer at school and printed it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment