Saturday was supposed to be spent in Austin getting the boys fitted for tuxedos. But a change of plans had me dropping off Cooper and Brayden at Giggle n Jump with Megan while I ran errands!! (Daddy and Lucas stayed home.) I got back in time to play with the boys a little bit. It was amazing how brave Brayden was!! He did every slide and obstacle course by himself--he totally was over his fear that he had on his birthday. They were worn out when we left and fell asleep on the way home.
Monday--Our first official day of Spring Break we stayed at home (which might seem like I was taking it easy but entertaining three kids at home is not a piece of cake). But we were blessed with beautiful spring weather--Thank you, Lord! So I made a special breakfast (pigs in a blanket) and we played outside, and I let the boys play in the mud (or, I found them playing in the mud and decided how can I really get mad?? Little boys will be little boys). Then we had a picnic lunch and after nap we did play dough.
Day 2 of Spring Break: Capital of Texas Zoo! This is a smaller zoo similar to the Austin rescue one. But it is a nice place to spend three hours. I loaded Lucas in my Baby Bjorn and we set off. We'd been talking about this for days and the boys were most excited about seeing a bear, cheetah and the monkeys. But the big hit was actually...a parrot! He would say "hello" and "how's the weather" and this had the boys cracking up!! Brayden even made us go see them once more before we went home.
Laughing at the parrot.













No comments:
Post a Comment