Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bugs and Bullets

Hello, Spring! It's good to have you back. We've spent every minute we can outdoors. This morning Brayden, Lucas and I soaked up the sunshine and I must say that Brayden was channeling a little Jack Hanna. He found several June bugs and moths around the porch and became their caretaker, carrying them around to put them in the sunshine, holding them until they got better (if they were sick), feeding them grass and getting bark for them to climb on. I've never seen him act this way or pick up critters so freely. 



Last night the boys played outside while I cooked dinner and Justin read for school. When I went into the front yard to see what they were up to, they had amassed quite a pile of bullet casings. So this morning, Brayden had a pile of bugs and bullets he tended to. 

Sunday afternoon, Cooper trotted in the kitchen with a bag slung over his arm and announced, "I'm going to Mexico. I have a walkie talkie and a map in here." (I'm extremely proud of his packing abilities.)


Then Brayden trails in behind him, holding a map, and says, "I'm trying to find Mexico, where is Mexico?"

Cooper received the Madasgacar trilogy for his birthday, and one morning as we were having breakfast, Brayden asked me, "Mom, is Lucas crack-a-lackin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment