Last week was a huge one in the Voigt household. Our little Cooper James started pre-k. The Tuesday after the Labor Day holiday was his first day. It went extremely well. Justin and I both went to Meet the Teacher night, but on the first day I took him by myself and Rachel stayed at our house with Brayden and Lucas.
Armed with his backpack, lunchbox and super cool new thermos (all Lightning McQueen) he excitedly let me drop him off. No tears, no anxiety...hooray!
And when I picked him up that afternoon, he told me what a great time he had, showed me the worksheet he completed and was ready to go. Yay!
On the lighter side, when I asked his teacher how he did on the first day, she responded, "Oh, he did awesome! Talked my ear off all day. He even told me, 'My little brother Lucas is a breastfed baby.'
The boys are ready for football. We have their Longhorn jerseys for Saturday and Texans jerseys on Sunday. I know, I know...where are their Texas Tech jerseys?? Well, we have an abundance of family and friends who love to dress the boys in Longhorn gear, otherwise we'd have to alternate. I just may have to get online and order some!
Baby Lucas is one month old today! He is growing, growing. Not sure exactly how much he weighs, but he is awake now for two long periods--once in the morning and late afternoon. He does well most nights, save for a few times he's decided to stay awake at 2 am. Sweet baby! I even got to hear him giggle in his sleep last night.









No comments:
Post a Comment