Saturday, August 24, 2013

Use Your Words


I don't know who started the concept of telling children to "use your words" but it has taken on a life of its own in our house. Right before Lucas was born, Brayden had picked up the adorable habit of screaming at Cooper whenever he was mad/upset with him. Naturally, this didn't go over well with Justin and me. I had a talk with Brayden about how he expresses himself and that it's much better to "use your words".

Now, about 175 times a day, Brayden says, "I'm mad" in his best pouty voice. It was cute the first time, and maybe even the fifth and sixth time. But now....
The other day, if he would say it, I would respond with, "I'm mad, too." Then he'd reply, "I'm not mad anymore", to which I would say, "Okay, I'm not mad anymore either." 
Ex-haust-ing. 

I'm usually pretty good about getting the boys to drink plenty of water. But on the day Lucas was born, I guess that wasn't my top priority, and so the next morning when Brayden woke up and used the bathroom, it was very yellow. Brayden exclaimed, "Look, my peepee is lemonade!"

Someone was visiting us to see Lucas, and saying how cute he was and how they just loved him and couldn't get enough, and Brayden told them, "But you can't take baby Lucas to your home." He loves his baby!

Cooper starts pre-k in a week! Thursday, Justin met Grandma and Grandpa Moore in Bastrop and they whisked the boys off to Houston for a long weekend. I'll write and post pics when they get back. They were both very excited to go, but in true Cooper fashion, he wanted to make sure they were prepared. He asked me before they left, "Do you have our bed time written up on a piece of paper so Grandma Moore knows?"
Sometimes I think that kid is 10, not 4. 

I took some pictures before they left. Brayden is mad because he wanted to stand against a different wall. 

Justin has been home since Lucas was born, and one afternoon we woke Cooper up early from his nap and Justin took him to see the movie Planes. 

On one of my last doctor appointments, my mom was here with the boys and Matthew. Cooper and Brayden were playing Legos, and she took a movie. Cooper is playing with a Lego guy and then he starts this conversation:
Cooper: This Lego guy is lucky, he has two wife-es (Wives).
Brayden: You only need one wife.
Cooper: (singing) I've got two wife-es.
Brayden: No you don't!

Here are some pics of Baby Lucas. Two weeks old today and at his check-up yesterday, he had surpassed his birthweight (he now weighs 7lbs 2oz) and his jaundice is down from 14.3 to 9. 



No comments:

Post a Comment