Thursday, June 20, 2013

Beeville

It feels like we've been going, going, going lately. But I know that once baby Lucas arrives, it will be quite sometime before I'm ready to make any road trips. So last week I loaded up the boys on Monday and we drove to Beeville. Tabitha's aunt lives there, on a big ranch and she had asked me to come for quite some time. She said the boys would have a blast. I don't think I was prepared for Aunt Cynde's, though!

It is a country home with a huge flower garden around the house. There really aren't words to describe it...all kinds of paths and landscaping. The driveway is long but paved. Huge oak trees are all over the property. There's a guest house across the carport, a huge barn, and across the driveway a vegetable garden and play area for the kids, complete with an elaborate tree house.

The most favorite activity for my boys was riding tricycles on the driveway and making a loop through the sidewalks. They must have gone ten miles in the two days we were there. Ethan and Avery, being the city kids that they are, mostly rode their power wheels. Cooper actually had blisters on his knuckles after our first evening!

I'll mention the kids ages again, just for my own bad memory. Ethan is 5, Cooper is 4, Brayden is 2 1/2 and Avery is almost 2.

I took a picture before we left the house because I had spiked Cooper's hair and then Brayden asked me to do his (but it doesn't really work with his hair) and they looked so cute.

Tabitha warned me that Aunt Cynde would want to spoil the kids, and she was right. Ice cream, Oreos, homeade chocolate chip waffles for breakfast, etc., etc. But she also has a massive garden so lunch and dinner were fresh tomatoes, corn, carrots, etc.

The picture of Cooper and Avery would have been cuter, but Ethan gets a little jealous over his sister and right before I snapped the picture he got mad they were hugging. So Cooper has his "I'm uncomfortable" face. Lol.

It was a lovely trip and we can't wait to go back. One day. :)


































No comments:

Post a Comment