Monday, June 6, 2011

I love my Uncles

Last night, Cooper said his abc’s all the way through! We sing the song sometimes, but I came in to his room and Justin was reading books with him, and Justin said let’s show Mom what you can do. Justin would say the letter and Cooper repeated each one.
This weekend some of my brothers were around since Megan and Katlyn graduated. Ryan spent Saturday at the house and he was under Cooper’s command for most of the day. They played with his kitchen, and he took him outside where they investigated bugs and other fun stuff. It was so adorable hearing Cooper say “Unc Ry” and “Unc Travis”.  Anytime we would say “who’s that?” and point to Ryan or Travis he wanted to name each of his uncles, and he would say “Unc Rick” and the rest of my brothers.
I’ve been letting Cooper talk to Memaw some nights before bed. I don’t know why but it is at that time that he starts chanting “Memaw, Memaw”. So I thought it would be fun if he could say goodnight, but I don’t want it to be an every night thing because then what if they couldn’t talk one night?! That would be bad. But he loves it when she calls.

And, last night before bed we were all sitting on the couch; Brayden was asleep already. Cooper picked up a basket that has toys in it and slid it on his arm, almost like a purse. He walked past Justin and said, “I’m ready! Mumu and Pop’s” and then he said “Kiss” and leaned over to kiss daddy good bye. He even said “Bye” and started walking toward the front entry. He was packing up his toys and ready to go see Mumu and Pop! It was adorable.
Brayden is still in love with his feet. He got a hold one Sunday while Grammy was holding him.


No comments:

Post a Comment