Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother’s Day

I work with someone who doesn’t have a mom (at least, one that is around). She hasn’t seen her in maybe 10 years. They don’t talk, they don’t visit, she never sees her grandchildren....

And her life is pretty amazing.

But not because she doesn’t have a mom, because, by the grace of God, she’s free from the “what-if’s” and self-pity that we can easily get wrapped up in when we see what others have and wish it could be us. She’s one of the best moms I know—giving to her kids selflessly and wholeheartedly, without wondering what she’ll get in return.

I do have a mom. An amazing lady that pretty much always makes herself available to me, and is a doting grandmother to our three boys. I’ve been blessed to reach the age of 34 and still get to pick up the phone, and call my mom whenever I want. That’s more precious than gold. And if I ever forget it, I pray that God would whisper it to my heart again.


Happy Mother’s Day!


At the Ladies Banquet at RBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment