I'm going to lump together the last of our summer adventures, because I just don't think my brain can handle much else.
Early in August, the boys and I visited Aunt Ella in Dallas. Aunt Megan made the road-trip with us, and we had a delightful weekend swimming, snacking and catching up. There were harmonica concerts, a trip to the donut shop, and best of all, Baby Ben was there! (Though, he's not such a baby anymore.) He's sweet and adorable and the boys just loved him.
One summer weekday I took the big boys to Schlitterbaun and Megan and Katlyn met us there. It was the first time for the boys--and I was hesitant about so much (translation--everything!) that at one point, we almost took a short cut on a ride to avoid a "scary waterfall". I decided at the last minute to go for it, and they all loved it, even Brayden, who had initially been the least interested. I learned that they really do talk up the danger level, which is probably designed to make the worrisome mothers worry even more and lose their minds with worry. 😉
We also did some excellent fishing this summer. Justin took Lucas to the tank by Rachel's house for some special time, and we all went fishing at Uncle Jimmy's tank--and boy, were the fish biting!
Another great memory for this summer--we said goodbye to Lucas' crib/toddler bed, and he took ownership of the Cars bed. Brayden transitioned to a big boy bed and now loves the look of his room. It was a happy time, a little sadness mingled in but not overshadowing the joy of new things. I remember very vividly certain times in my childhood when my mother would decorate my room and surprise me, or rearrange my furniture and I would be so thrilled--there's just no way to describe the feeling. We did it for Cooper about two years ago, and now it was Brayden's turn.
It's official...Summer is over--as I type these words, we are on Day 1 of the last weekend of summer.
Autumn, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment