Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The First Day of School

September 5 everyone in the Voigt house (with the exception of Justin) went back to school!!


We had a great first day and a perfect first week. The boys were so excited to see their classrooms and how it was decorated. Lucas had actually picked out his outfit two weeks before the first day. Lucas is in pre-k, Brayden is in second grade (LC 3) and Cooper is in 4th grade (LC 4). Their teachers are Mrs. Tera, Mrs. Jeanette, and Mrs. Celeste.

Our boys are growing up and taking on more and more responsibility.

This year, I set a goal that I really wanted to be on time--scratch that, early!--every day. Last year Lucas needed my help a little more in the mornings, which I was glad to provide. But when I looked at our routine and what was the weakest link--it was, hands down--breakfast. And as much as I had pictured in my mind how I wanted to sit at the table and enjoy breakfast together--maybe even read-aloud--it just wasn't going to happen. I would have to get them up so early to indulge in this. So I made an executive decision that we would have breakfast in the car. And it has worked wonders. Our mornings are easy, smooth, productive, joyful and we are ON TIME!!

Lucas has made the transition this year so well, and every morning he walks with his teacher and classmates to his classroom and has a great day.

I'm incredibly and immeasurably filled with joy that I get to be a mother to these three.

Cheers to a wonderful school year!





No comments:

Post a Comment