Monday, July 10, 2017

Summertime...and the livin' is easy

Last week we did some organizing/purging at the house, because, well, summertime can't be all about vacation and swimming and relaxing. We also took a trip to Lockhart, and visited Mumu.

We made a quick trip to Houston the day before the 4th and spent the day with Grandma, Grandpa and Baby Beckett. Get ready for a bevy of pictures...that Beckett is one cute baby.

We spent the Fourth at the Watterson picnic and then went swimming with Matthew and Andrew.

Last Thursday, on a whim, we went to Luling. I had noticed a park in Luling on several occasions--and always wanted to pay it a visit. We finally did it and it was a charming little park. For some reason, parks with plastic playscapes turn me off--I don't know why--but I love wooden ones.

Then, with our impulsiveness spurring us on, I decided to head to San Marcos. We visited Target, then went to the children's park that connects to the river. This was another park we'd never visited, and it was even more charming. Built by the community in 1997, it had tons of nooks and crannies and secret passages. The boys wanted me to play as well, so after we ate a picnic lunch we all ran around together. Then we walked down to the river and watched the people tubing. We dipped our feet in and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.

What a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment