Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Special Space Rocks

The boys and I have been making the weekly grocery store visit a group activity. Lucas rides in the shopping cart and the big boys walk. On our last visit, they asked if they could have some candy. Mama said no right away, to which Brayden responded, with his finger pointed in the air to emphasize his point:

When I grow up, I'm going to eat all the candy I can get!!


*********************
 

Lucas said to me one afternoon, "You know what I like about you, Mom? I like you about kisses."

I've been pretty busy the past week keeping track of all the cute things Lucas says. I brought snack outside to the boys one afternoon and Lucas was the first to notice. He called out to Brayden in a song-song voice, "It's nack time little Brayden. It's nacky nacky nacky nack time."

Then, climbing off the couch after a little tv time, he stumbled a bit and knocked his knee on the coffee table. I heard him say to himself, "Ow, I hurt my knee! Are you okay little knee? You okay?"

Last weekend we celebrated Matthew and Andrew's birthday. They had a big pool party and the excitement built up in our house all week. On Saturday morning before we left, Lucas informed Justin:

Right now, Daddy, while you're sitting on the couch--it's Matthew's birthday. (da-da-dummmm)


********************************


Last week was VBS. I taught Lucas' class and he did great--I was worried if he would make it all week. The theme was space/planets and this sparked Lucas' interest in some rocks we got from a field trip last year. He brought his little pail of rocks to the couch and sat by me.

"These are my *pecial* *pace* rocks, Mommy."

Brayden came to sit by us and asked about the rocks, and Lucas told him, as serious as can be, "I went to space by myself and got these with Mommy."


******************************

 

Brayden and Lucas were playing back in Brayden's room, and I overheard this:

B: Where are those toys?

L: Monsters took them.

B: (laughing) Monsters aren't real.

L: Yes they are I heard about one.


*********************************************
 

One evening after dinner, it was just Lucas and I sitting at the table. For some reason, he had some questions about how girls and boys are different. So I explained a few things, such as how a mommy carries a baby in her tummy and a daddy doesn't.

But Lucas had other ideas.

"Well, but when I have a baby puppy, I can put him right here in my tummy. Like that. (Lifts up his shirt and shows me where the puppy can go)."

"And then," he went on, "his puppy booty is right by his legs, right here." (Pats his chest)

I'm hoping everyone reading this can visualize this conversation. It was cuteness overload.

 

I gave Lucas a shower before bedtime, and as he was looking up at the ceiling so I could rinse his hair, he pointed up to the shower caddy and told me, "See that soap right there? That's Uncle Rick's soap for armpits. *Pell* it. It *pells* nice."















No comments:

Post a Comment