Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Typical Spring Saturday

It's the second Saturday in April. We're spending the day at home, mixing a little bit of work with play. Justin's chores: mow the yard and clean up outside. My chores: a little laundry and tidy up inside. In between chores we enjoy the spring air. I came outside to relax for a minute and found that the hammock was calling my name. It was cloudy enough that the sun was completely hidden, and it was the perfect mixture of warm and cool. 

This is what took place:





From my cozy spot in the hammock, I could view my sweet family in the yard. Justin was giving Brayden batting lessons. He sat on a stool directly in front of Brayden and pitched to him, giving tips when needed. Every now and again the sun would break through from the clouds and the brightness would cause me to shield my eyes. I was content when the clouds covered it again.

Lucas walked a path back and forth across the yard, fielding the balls that Brayden hit and throwing them back to Justin. He had his shirt tucked in to his shorts "like a coach" and as he walked I could hear the jiggle of his whistle in his pocket. After a while, he grew bored with this and climbed up in the tree house. The quiet of the afternoon was shattered with the repetitious hammering of his nails into the wood.

Cooper had his glove and tossed a ball up into the air, catching it over and over.

I'm thankful for days like this. There is nothing I would rather be doing, and no where I'd rather be doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment