Yet, 'tis true.
But that's not what I started writing this post about.
It's Spring Break! And, it's really Spring Break this year since it's the boys time off from school and my time off from school.
We have been all over and back and stayed home and even had a couple baseball practices.
The first weekend was rainy, and we huddled up at home and did indoor things like card games and monopoly and crafts and video games. Then Sunday, after evening church and a small party for one of the staff who is leaving, the boys and I kissed daddy goodbye and headed to Houston. We spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa Moore's and went to the zoo the next day--The boys had a sleepover with Trey, too! (I use the term *sleep* loosely, of course.)
Tuesday we recuperated and the boys had practice. Brayden didn't feel well most of the day and was running a low-grade fever, so he stayed home from practice.
Wednesday we got haircuts, a new tire for my car and then went hiking at McKinney Roughs.
The rest of our Spring Break vacation was a roller coaster--with Brayden and Lucas battling fevers one minute and happy as clams the next.
Thursday afternoon the boys went with Rachel to Lockhart for some library fun. Back at our house later that evening, Lucas looked worse for the wear and after checking his temperature, I confirmed that he, too, had a fever.
We still managed to enjoy the insanely beautiful weather and play outside as much as possible. The boys had practice Friday evening and then Saturday, Uncle Rick came to visit and we had hamburgers and cupcakes to celebrate his and Cooper's upcoming birthdays.
Spring break--I like you a whole lot but I'm over you now. Back to our real-life routine!!
![]() |
| The starting point for our hike at McKinney Roughs. |
![]() |
| The ending point: The pavillion at McKinney Roughs is serious about porch time. |
![]() |
| My big boys being goofy.And sporting their new do's. |







No comments:
Post a Comment