Saturday, March 18, 2017

Spring Break Fever

Literally, that's what we had this week of Spring Break--Fever.

Brayden started running a fever on Tuesday after our trip to Dallas. It never got very high, only around 100.5, but it came one day, was gone the next, came back the next day, gone the following day. It was the strangest thing!

Lucas also started a fever Thursday afternoon, and it was much higher than Brayden's.

And Lucas, bless his heart, is just about the sweetest sick person I've ever met. I'm not sure if his nose was really stopped up, but once he started feeling badly, he would sniffle in the most pathetic way, every few seconds. His eyes showed how he felt and they watered non-stop. As I was putting him to bed the first night, he told me miserably, "I'm so sorry I'm sick, Mommy. I'm really sorry."

The next day Lucas ended up coming with me to Bastrop, and despite being sick, he ran all my errands with me without complaining. Then when we arrived at home, he helped me carry my groceries in. I bought him a little carton of orange juice for being such a trooper, and as I poured him a little glass of it he instructed me, "I want to save some for the boys and for daddy. Make sure you save some, Mommy. And for you!"

Ministering to this little boy in his time of need has been nothing short of a pleasure for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment