This blogger site REALLY needs a way to post-date a blog. Because it is January 23rd and I have yet to say "Happy 5th birthday, Brayden John". (At least according to blog-world, anyway.)
The day before Brayden's birthday we surprised him with a trip to the movies--just mom and dad and the two big boys. We watched The Good Dinosaur and it was a great time, though the movie didn't really sit well with me. Think lots of scary adventures, near death AND actual death experiences, and a little birthday boy saying in the middle of the movie "Mommy, I don't want you to die...".
Saturday (his official birth-day) we had a little hamburger and cupcakes birthday party. Our Brayden John is the apple of our eye--sweet, considerate, full of spunk and questions. He is also King of the wardrobe change. I seriously have to daily manage the pile of clothes on the floor of his room because he will change outfits three or four times a day. He comes up with some interesting combinations (see examples below) and I can lay him down for bed in one pair of pjs, then come in to check on him and he's wearing a totally different pair.
![]() |
| Uncle Trav couldn't make the party, but he stopped by the next day and they had an epic bumper-cars war and card game. |
I'm totally including this for historical blogging purposes and NOT to toot my own horn. I made reindeer cupcakes for his party at school--they were a huge hit!











No comments:
Post a Comment